All of our doctors and nurses are fully trained and offer a comprehensive family planning service.
Dr Imrana Akhtar and Dr Andrea Roberts provide coil fitting and contraceptive implant services on Tuesday and Friday mornings.
These appointments are half an hour and also require the attendance of a Practice Nurse or Healthcare Assistant to assist the Doctor. If you are unable to attend for this procedure, please contact the receptionist 24 hours before to cancel. Unfortunately, some patients fail to do this which results in wasted clinical time.
For more information see our Contraception Information Leaflet.
We provide a range of services including:
- Confidential advice about contraception
- Fitting and checking implants and coils (intrauterine devices, or IUDs)
- The combined oral contraceptive pill
- The progestogen-only pill
- Progestogen injections
- Free emergency contraception
- Confidential advice about STIs
- Cervical screening
- Unplanned pregnancy advice
- Pre-conception advice and fertility awareness information