We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients within the resources we have at our disposal and hope you feel we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Healthcare Team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you:
- You will be treated with respect and courtesy.
- You have the right to confidentiality, all data held is protected and governed by the Data Protection Act.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
- You will be seen on the same day if your problem is clinically urgent and we are made aware in good time.
- You will be seen by your preferred doctor whenever possible.
- You will be informed if there will be a significant delay to your appointment.
- You will be referred to a consultant or other appropriate specialist if your GP thinks it medically necessary.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request.
- Your repeat prescription will be ready within three working days of request, as long as you have attended any necessary reviews or blood tests.
- Your suggestions and comments about our services will be considered sympathetically.
- Any complaint raised will be dealt with quickly and fully, in line with our current complaints procedure.
Your responsibility to us:
- Please treat all surgery staff with respect; we work in a complex and demanding environment.
- Abusive or violent patients will be removed from the practice list.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself or your child, unless they have provided us with written permission to do so.
- Tell us of any change to personal details so that your records are kept up to date.
- Only request urgent appointments if appropriate.
- Home visits should only be requested if you are too ill to attend the surgery. If you do not have your own transport, please consider arranging a lift or travelling by public transport or by taxi.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Please be punctual but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency.
- Please attend for review of your condition when asked to do so, as overdue reviews will prevent repeat prescriptions being issued.
- Do let us know if you feel we have not met our responsibility to you. It is always our intention to provide the best possible service within the resources available to us.
- We are delighted to hear when you feel praise is due to either the team or a particular individual.